The life of a tennis player
You have to admire the life of a tennis player it’s amazing and maybe the hardest of all professional sports
A lot of times you look an the tennis players prize money and you say to you self wow I wish I was a tennis player look how much money they make
But that is not true it is just an illusion because the truth is that most tennis players in the top 100 need endorsements to survive and just the top players in the world can survive on the money they make on tour
To be a tennis player you need strong guts because a tennis player’s expenses are unbelievable high not to mention that the life is hard like hell with no time to enjoy friends and family not to mention a love partner
An average tennis player in the top 100 plays 20 tournaments a year
That means they need to travel to 20 deferent places a year and pay for most of the hotels for them and usually for their coach that travels with them
then they have the training to pay for and all the rest of the expenses they burly if at all can survive from the prize money the win in tour and that is for the top 100 players in the world
the players that are ranked under the top 100 make much less money and straggle even more I don’t know hoe they even make it
here is a story about a tennis player quoted from an interview in 1998
“
Annie Miller, a player from Michigan, is preparing to drop out of tennis. At only 21 and with a world rank of 45, her third-round match against Monica Seles, which she lost 6-3, 6-3 on Saturday, could be her last. On Tuesday, unless she loses her nerve, she will begin at the University of Michigan, studying Spanish, statistics and geography.
.
Part of the reason for her decision to take a break from the tour is financial: without sponsorship contracts and with a coach and travel expenses to pay, she says that, even with a ranking of 45, it is difficult to make a fine living after paying the coach $1,000 to $1,500 per week and paying the coach's and your own travel expenses.
.
"Our prize money is probably half what the guys is, and I think any player at my level will tell you, they aren't able to live and spend right and left," Miller said. "They have to watch their money at this ranking unless they have endorsement contracts or sponsors. But the difficult thing for me is I'm not from Costa Rica or some country that doesn't have any other star players. I'm from the U.S. I'm just average for my country."
.
And with rising players like the Williams sisters and Anna Kournikova earning big money to represent sporting-goods companies, there is much less for those lower in the pecking order. "I definitely wouldn't say they don't deserve that," Miller said. "Because they are also bringing more prize money and visibility to our tour."
.
But Miller's decision to take a sabbatical is not just about finances; it is also about the search for a more nurturing, normal environment.
.
"The greatest thing in the world is that Carlos Moya and Alex Corretja went out to dinner before the French Open final," she said. "The guys, and maybe guys in general, really seem to be able to separate the on-court and off-court stuff.
.
"A lot of the girls are friends with each other and have friends but the way I feel, and maybe I just take everything too personally, is that there is somehow not enough total separation."
.
And so Miller, tired of being negative and tired of questioning her priorities on a daily basis, will separate tennis from her life altogether for a time. She will no longer be Annie Miller, tennis player. She will be Annie Miller, undergraduate.
.
"I was always raised — and education was an important thing in my family — that I wasn't for sure going to turn pro like girls like Venus and Anna," she said. "They were groomed from childhood to know that this is what they want to do. This is their ticket to a wonderful life, and they've really done that. But I was lucky or not to come from a family where tennis wasn't going to be my only way."
You have to admire the life of a tennis player it’s amazing and maybe the hardest of all professional sports
A lot of times you look an the tennis players prize money and you say to you self wow I wish I was a tennis player look how much money they make
But that is not true it is just an illusion because the truth is that most tennis players in the top 100 need endorsements to survive and just the top players in the world can survive on the money they make on tour
To be a tennis player you need strong guts because a tennis player’s expenses are unbelievable high not to mention that the life is hard like hell with no time to enjoy friends and family not to mention a love partner
An average tennis player in the top 100 plays 20 tournaments a year
That means they need to travel to 20 deferent places a year and pay for most of the hotels for them and usually for their coach that travels with them
then they have the training to pay for and all the rest of the expenses they burly if at all can survive from the prize money the win in tour and that is for the top 100 players in the world
the players that are ranked under the top 100 make much less money and straggle even more I don’t know hoe they even make it
here is a story about a tennis player quoted from an interview in 1998
“
Annie Miller, a player from Michigan, is preparing to drop out of tennis. At only 21 and with a world rank of 45, her third-round match against Monica Seles, which she lost 6-3, 6-3 on Saturday, could be her last. On Tuesday, unless she loses her nerve, she will begin at the University of Michigan, studying Spanish, statistics and geography.
.
Part of the reason for her decision to take a break from the tour is financial: without sponsorship contracts and with a coach and travel expenses to pay, she says that, even with a ranking of 45, it is difficult to make a fine living after paying the coach $1,000 to $1,500 per week and paying the coach's and your own travel expenses.
.
"Our prize money is probably half what the guys is, and I think any player at my level will tell you, they aren't able to live and spend right and left," Miller said. "They have to watch their money at this ranking unless they have endorsement contracts or sponsors. But the difficult thing for me is I'm not from Costa Rica or some country that doesn't have any other star players. I'm from the U.S. I'm just average for my country."
.
And with rising players like the Williams sisters and Anna Kournikova earning big money to represent sporting-goods companies, there is much less for those lower in the pecking order. "I definitely wouldn't say they don't deserve that," Miller said. "Because they are also bringing more prize money and visibility to our tour."
.
But Miller's decision to take a sabbatical is not just about finances; it is also about the search for a more nurturing, normal environment.
.
"The greatest thing in the world is that Carlos Moya and Alex Corretja went out to dinner before the French Open final," she said. "The guys, and maybe guys in general, really seem to be able to separate the on-court and off-court stuff.
.
"A lot of the girls are friends with each other and have friends but the way I feel, and maybe I just take everything too personally, is that there is somehow not enough total separation."
.
And so Miller, tired of being negative and tired of questioning her priorities on a daily basis, will separate tennis from her life altogether for a time. She will no longer be Annie Miller, tennis player. She will be Annie Miller, undergraduate.
.
"I was always raised — and education was an important thing in my family — that I wasn't for sure going to turn pro like girls like Venus and Anna," she said. "They were groomed from childhood to know that this is what they want to do. This is their ticket to a wonderful life, and they've really done that. But I was lucky or not to come from a family where tennis wasn't going to be my only way."
So I think we need to admire this amazing athletes and help them as much as we can
If any sponsors see this article I’m asking you please help this athletes that they can benefit you and themselves they wont have to put their mind on something else except the tennis
What do you think
wating for your comments
Best regards
jay
Best regards
jay
No comments:
Post a Comment